Pre Primary School Programme (MA - Pre1)
The program operates at 3 progressive levels : Montessori A, Montessori B and Preparatory 1 for Age group : 2½ to 5yrs.
Highlights of Pre-Primary School Programme
- The emphasis is on giving children an atmosphere of freedom so that they can play, sing and move.
- The use of toys and teaching aids, story-telling, role-play; and teaching alphabet and numbers through stories and rhymes are integral to the teaching-learning process.
- Play materials give children the opportunity to see, touch, feel, and explore.
- Children are encouraged to engage in group activities, which enables them to develop their social skills.
- Our curriculum emphasises holistic development of the children in various areas - physical, creative, language, numeracy and general awareness.
- Learning by doing is encouraged through projects and activities involving art, craft, music and dance. These activities help children acquire integrated knowledge, fine and gross motor skills, apart from making learning enjoyable.
- The classrooms are colourfully designed which excites them to be more inquisitive.
- They have ample opportunities to explore the environment around them and become more perceptive.
- Festivals and special celebrations help children understand and value cultural heritage and appreciate diversity.
- The Programme aids a pleasant transition to the Primary School, thereby, enabling children to adapt to the new environment, as they are initiated into the world of formal learning.
Primary School Programme (I - V)
The Primary School Programme initiates children into sustaining their enthusiasm for building on what they learned at the Pre-primary level. At this stage, children's exploratory spirit and quest for knowledge is on the rise, and they are motivated by the love of learning that they have imbibed. The emphasis is on the learning and understanding of concepts through an engaging and relevant curriculum. The various activities conducted enable children to explore their multiple talents.
Highlights of Primary School Programme
- Children are encouraged to develop good study habits.
- Learning process in the early stages of the Primary School makes use of recreational resources and activity driven approaches like project-based learning, models, charts, visuals, multi-media, field trips etc., to strengthen students' knowledge base and skill set.
- Children are initiated into reading story books, newspapers and magazines with an emphasis on activity-centred learning through a structured reading programme, individually as well as in groups.
- At this stage the emphasis is on experiential learning through experimentation, observation, analysis, drawing inferences, and discovery, to develop scientific temper.
- Primary mathematical concepts are developed, focusing on numeracy skills and reasoning ability.
- Special emphasis is given on acquiring language skills through active reading and listening programmes, and development of creative and artistic expression.
- Children are exposed to new realms of knowledge, new places and learning experiences through educational excursions and field trips.
- Children are introduced to new learning experiences and challenges through graded exercises, work sheets, group learning and assignments.
- Primary School curriculum places special emphasis on teaching children computer skills.
- Children are provided opportunities to learn music, dance, drama, painting, etc. to nurture multiple intelligences.
- Children's creative talent is nurtured through participation in a variety of co-curricular activities and events.
- The importance of service to community is instilled in children by developing in them the value of empathy and the spirit of sharing.
- Regular sessions are conducted for inculcating life skills and values in children.
Middle School Programme (VI-VIII)
This phase is characterised by the transition from childhood to adolescence, a time when children experience and witness dramatic physical, emotional and social changes in self and peer group. The Middle School Programme offers an expanded curriculum to match the growing abilities of children in assimilating information and grasping abstract ideas. Extending the educational exposure and experience provided by the Primary School Programme, Middle School Programme focuses on strengthening the knowledge, skills and competencies of the child through comprehensive, innovative and creative learning activities.
Highlights of Primary School Programme
- There is an increasing emphasis on inter-disciplinary approach, enabling students to understand and appreciate the connectivity between various subjects
- Students work on assignments such as research-based projects and model making, thereby gaining hands on experience.
- Students are provided guidance and support by the School Counsellor to address their emotional needs during the transitional adolescent years.
- Children acquire and develop communication and listening skills through well designed activities like debates, group discussions, elocution, extempore, declamations, theme-based talks, drama, skits, role-play, etc.
- Children's creativity and talent are nurtured by providing them opportunities to learn and practice dance, drama, music, art, craft, etc.
- The curriculum recognises the unique talents of each child and encourages them to develop themselves to their fullest potential.
- Apart from academic proficiency, the curriculum places emphasis on sensitising children to be caring and compassionate, and develop a sense of responsibility towards society through participation in community service activities.
- Field trips and educational excursions are an integral part of the curriculum, and extend learning beyond the classroom. These provide opportunities for cultural enrichment, personal and social development along with application of acquired skills.
- Children learn and apply their knowledge of Information and Communication Technology, building on what they learnt in the earlier grades.
- The well-planned and structured teaching-learning strategies involving workshops, seminars, talks, presentations, video clippings and laboratory demonstrations reinforce the understanding of mathematical and scientific concepts.
- The learning gaps are identified through various modes of assessment and are addressed accordingly.
- The Programme is aligned to the educational objectives defined by the CBSE, and provides a sound base for students to pursue secondary education.
Secondary School Programme (IX-X)
The Secondary School Programme focuses on consolidating students' knowledge and enabling them to delve deeper into each subject. The School aims to develop students into independent and successful learners, confident and creative individuals, and informed and responsible citizens. Emphasis is on strengthening application-based learning through projects, experiments, assignments, discussions, presentations, etc.
Highlights of Secondary School Programme
- The Programme provides a well-mapped curriculum which develops the thinking skills with effective learning materials and resources. It enhances children's higher order thinking skills and problem-solving ability.
- Students are encouraged to explore and make extensive and meaningful use of library resources, for referencing, project works, discussions, presentations, etc. This strengthens their awareness and ignites their curiosity to seek knowledge.
- Laboratory experiments are an integral part of the teaching-learning methodology that equip children with skills of observation, and logical and analytical thinking.
- Workshops, seminars, talks, presentations, and use of video clippings reinforce the understanding of mathematical and scientific concepts.
- Learning methods include research based projects, presentations, digital-learning, problem solving and fieldwork.
- Students get numerous opportunities for both collaborative and individual learning.
- Students receive individualised academic support to reinforce the concepts learnt and bridge the learning gaps.
- Personality and leadership skills development programmes help students become more responsive to the dynamics of their physical, emotional and social development.
- Students get ample opportunities to synergise their learning experiences from formal and informal learning sources to help them construct knowledge.
- At the Secondary level, the subjects offered by the School are English as First Language; Hindi or Sanskrit as Second Language; Mathematics; Science; and Social Science.
Senior Secondary School Programme (XI-XII)
At the Senior Secondary level, the curriculum shifts its emphasis from general to core subject-focussed specialised content. The concepts in different disciplines are dealt with in depth and rigour. This is the stage where students identify their subjects of interest for future learning and get a better understanding about their career path. Thus, at this stage, they are better informed to select the subjects and streams of their choices and aptitude.
The curriculum emphasises on basic facts and conceptual understanding, processes and skills, application of knowledge acquired, use of technology, etc. While the curriculum focuses on achieving these subject based objectives, it also develops a positive attitude to think and analyse logically, reasoning abilities, problem solving approaches, and inter-disciplinary learning. These stages of curriculum delivery in Senior Secondary section emphasise on knowledge construction.